Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Bachelor Weekend March 07

Well I am writing this on the Sunday evening of my bachelor weekend. Its been a memorable journey. Let me relive it for you.

Friday night I rented some DVD's, got home and set myself a goal: Clean the apartment in 1 hour. I vacuumed, wiped, folded, packed, litter trayed and sorted my little heart out and by 8pm I had even cooked and eaten dinner. I had rented 'Akira' and 'Nausica of the Valley of the Wind' which are both Japanese animations or "Anime's". Akira was a big thumbs down and I didn't make it past the first 20 minutes, so I switched to Nausica, which was great. After that I called my Dad and had a good long yarn with him. Boy I miss them.

On Saturday I got to sleep in until 8am. It was amazing, that is until Sable decided she was hungry and that it was time for her to eat. I spent the morning cleaning up the kitchen mess and then twiddled my thumbs for a while (read: I watched Saturday morning cartoons). Brandon eventually gave me a call promising to have me over in the evening. So I went and did my food shopping, returned my DVD's and rented Eragon and then caught up on TOP GEAR videos posted on 'You Tube'.

At Brandon and Krista's we played SSX: Blur on the Wii and then watched Eragon. Don't waste you time, the movie was awful, if you like fantasy, then read the book and you will be much happier.

Sunday came along and we had Church. Once home again I found myself wondering what to do when I received a phone call from Rob. Rob wanted to go play disc golf so I said that I would come, but only putt as my back is not good at the moment. When he arrived to pick me up, he said that they were running the annual Gainesville Tournament at our local course. Well, we went along and I took my camera and took some pictures. It was nice to watch some pro's play, they made my efforts look pretty silly. For the rest of the afternoon I hung out at Rob and Sarah relaxing and so on.



2007 PDGA Gainesville

Jenee has called my twice and she is having a great time. Sounds like she has decided where we are going to live, where I am going to work, where our kids are going to school and what church we are going to attend... Thats the last time she goes off unsupervised. And to add insult to injury, she is apparently going the Georgia Aquarium without me tomorrow. Jerk.

I miss my wife though and I miss having my cuddle buddy. Good thing she'll be home tomorrow.

Well its getting late and its time for this Flor-Stralian to go to bed. Love you all, and if you reading this and thats weird to read from me then pretend we bumped chests, or shook hands or something like that.

Nate

No comments: