Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunshine and a Bazillion Other People

Well, the day for our trip to St Augie, and the Lord certainly put it on. Clear blue skies, beautiful fresh air and the warmth of the sun. I got up early and set out to Target to buy an expandable sun gazebo, some food for us, and some food for the cats. After much deliberation I chose my Gazebo (10 x 10 ft or 2.5 x 2.5 m) I was headed back to the apartment. Jenee had been busy preparing everything else for the trip. Mum, you would be proud. Or payload included a sun shelter, kites, two fancy beach chairs, an esky / cooler, and two backpacks of stuff each. To top it all off, I bought an Aerobie too! I always wanted one, and I saw them for sale for $9 in Target! I could hardly believe it, as a kid in Australia they were $30-$40.

We had to make a stop at our work to get ice packs for the Esky before we left town. When we got there, Jenee asked me if I had got the Esky from the kitchen before leaving? Of course I hadn't, so I went into work, and she went to fetch the Esky. Or at least I thought she had. 5 minutes later she appears at my cubicle informing me that I have the house keys! LOL. Well, eventually we got everything together and made it to the beach.



Crescent beach is a little south of St. Augustine beach, and was literally filled with tens of thousands of people as far as the eye could see in either direction. We found a nice spot and set up camp. I was definitely the envy of a few of the blokes with my easy to assemble gazebo, despite Jenee making loads of fun of me, one bloke even giving me the knowing nod of 'I see your gazebo, and I want one because I am sitting out in the sun and I look like a lobster, and next to you I feel like less of a man', or something like that. Eventually Jenee conceded that the Gazebo was pretty cool and even sat underneath it.

Sadly there wasn't enough room for us to fly kites, but we did give the Aerobie a work out. I nearly killed an inoccent pregnant bystander, and another black lady who was minding her own business reading mills and boon. (I made the Mills and Boon up, but she was reading).

Later we did our usual walk around St Augie in the shopping district, and I even got to experience a boutique hotel bathroom. It was cool, they even had individual hand towels for you to wipe your hands with. Very schmick.

After dinner at Acapulco, we walked around some of old down town, and we fell even more in love with the place. The architecture is so original and different, and I love the use of colors on the homes. Sadly my battery died so I didn't get many pictures, but we are going back soon so I'll take some more.

No comments: