What is going on? Why are continually going to Lake Wauberg? Well, this time it was for a BBQ for some undergraduates that have come from around the US, and the Virgin Islands to gain some research experience in a University. I didn't have much of a role other than being another face to feed, but I took my camera along (duh) and went kayaking in the hope of getting some cool pictures.
lake wauberg
Well, I think some of them are pretty good, my favorite is the one where all you can see is the body of a rather large gator. I guesstimated that he was about 7-8 ft long, and I managed to get about 10 meters from him in my kayak, I wouldn't dare get any closer. American Aligators don't have the reputation for attacking humans, hence why I was kayaking in a lake filled with hundreds of them, but I didn't really think it was necessary to get any closer to a rather large lizard with sharp teeth that could out swim me. Of course, should I be attacked I had my heat sensitive thumb prepared for an impromptu rectal temperature measurement... for scientific purposes of course ('come here Crocky!').
Tomorrow I am taking Jenee to the beach for a break. I think her schedule is a little too much for her, but she is managing very well. Looks like you will get another post with pictures from the beach, and then maybe another post for monday. Dreams can come true... lol.
1 comment:
Hi Nate & Jenee, Love your blog. Very glad you succumbed Nate, as you have a great talent for writing that gives your readers a personal visual! I am so glad that you are both enjoying your lives together. Enjoy every adventure. Love Deb
Post a Comment