Well I am officially a Bachelor for the weekend as my wife is in Texas to see her folks. To commemorate my weekend, I have played loud music, eaten whatever I feel like (a plain meal - no fancy sides here) and cleaned up a tad. Ahh, feels good, but I miss her already.
The weather here is so crazy. Currently, there are 200 fires burning in Florida and Georgia, and one beast in California. The smoke here is reducing visibility to 1km. In fact driving Jenee to the airport a few hours ago, you could have been forgiven for thinking it was night. And to top this off, there is the seasons first Tropical Storm (first stage of a hurricane / cyclone) off the east coast of Florida.
Fires, Floods and Tropical Storms
In Minnesota, there is mass flooding. Texas is getting huge thunderstorms, and a town in Kansas was literally wiped from the face of the earth on Friday by a Category 5 tornado with a 1.6km wide funnel (at the ground). There is nothing left, nothing.
Australia is in a similar state, with a terrible drought, the worst in history, so much so, that some outback towns have been evacuated as there is no water to survive...
It shows how little power we really have, and how it's all in His hands. During your prayer time, you might wanna remember to pray for the fire fighters, families, friends and goverment authorities in charge of making decisions for us, the citizens.
No comments:
Post a Comment