Well, I guess I have been a big boy for a while now and in fact, I have been through what I am about to write of many times before, but still, sometimes being a grown-up is a lot of work. You see, Jenee is working full time and taking no less than 3 summer classes, AND volunteering at a school to get her practice hours for her degree. This week I have been at work at 7 and not left until 5 and sometimes 6 and 6:30. You see I have a sponsors meeting next week, and that means, preparing presentations, last minute organising and extra meetings, and I have to do all my other work too. Needless to say, we are both fairly tired.
I thought about listing all the things on my plate at work, but I decided that was too much to explain. I have probably in the vicinity of 7 or 8 main projects, 2 grad students who luckily don't depend on me, 4 undergrads who do, consultancy work, a purchasing list to fulfill and various other tid-bits. So as you can see I have a reasonable work load, but I love it, and I am learning that all of it fits into God's plan somehow and I should take it on with a smile and do my best.
Monday I am off to the conference, and I found out yesterday that I am the last person to talk. Hmm, not necessarily where I wanted to present, but I get to do the final hammer stroke and impress those who matter. Its at Cocoa Beach, FL, which will be a change of scenery and it is right next door to the Kennedy Space Center!!, I cant wait to see the ocean, something I don't get to see a lot of here in flat Florida. If you can remember, please pray for safe travel and for Jenee while I am away, its not her favorite to be alone.
In other good news, we have had some rain which has alleviated some of the firefighters from their long days. The smoke levels have also eased in Gainesville so we can once again breath easy. Well, hope everyone is doing well. Why don't you give me a call:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment