Pages

Friday, May 4, 2007

The End of Another Busy Week

Well, its Friday afternoon and its the end of another busy working week. So many things have happend, that as I sit here and reflect, I have realised how much I have actually done. Here at work, I have some-what of a routine at the moment where first thing in the morning, I spend about an hour and a half tending to my consultancy samples. The need a lot of attention to keep happy. Then, it into the office to start doing whatever needs to be done, be it, lab work, writing, one-on-one sessions with students, Service Center meetings or taking photo's of this years grad students at their graduation ceremony. Yup, sometimes I even get to play with my toys at work.


Here are PERC's happy graduates. From left to right we have, Vijay Krishna, Marie Kane, Dr Brij Moudgil (Director of PERC), Dr Keving Powers (my supervisor), Maria Palazuelos who is married to Scott Brown and on the far right, Kyong Ho Bu. Well done all of you!

After work, Jenee has been applying herself to revision for her up coming SAT test (Saturday). The silly SAT's expire after 3 years so you have to take it again if you want to apply to college. Personally I think that it is an excuse for colleges to fleece you of even more money. During this time, I have been doing all the house work I can so that Jenee can concentrate on studying. I have pretty much been working up to 11pm every night this week getting things tidy and organised. The good thing is that we now have more room in the apartment and it looks better thanks to my wife's creative eye.

The weekend and following week are going to be no different, Saturday we have the Monster Truck Jam (1500HP trucks and bad clothes - SWEET!) and then on Sunday, my PhD supervisor is in town for a couple of days, so I will be spending time with him. Then on Wednesday, I drive Jenee 2 hours to Jacksonville Airport. Maybe I will get to sleep in on Thursday morning.

Well, I think we are due for some more pictures soon, so I will post them after the weekend. Hope you are all doing great, love youse all.

Nate

No comments: