Well for two and a half wonderful days my friend, colleague and supervisor, Dr Rossen Sedev, from my PhD studies was here in Gainesville. Rossen came on Sunday afternoon and we met at his hotel. During his short stay we took him around for the full Gator experience. We went to a baseball game at UF, saw some of the campus sights, went to Paines Prarie to see some real Gators (7 actually), ate dinner at several of our favorite establishments such as the Gainesville Ale House, Chipolte, and now BallyHoo and Jenee and I really enjoyed hosting him in our home for a dinner (I am not sure if he has quite forgiven me for an untested, rather spicy curry). Have a look at some of the photos I took during his stay.
Rossens visit to Gainesville
Much of out time together was spent chatting and catching up on the news from my home institute, The Wark, and sharing some professional education and perspectives now that i am on the other side of the PhD fence. Rossen also picked up a new friend here. Who? None other than my traitor of a cat, Sable. Check out the slide show for the evidence.
When he left on Tuesday night, it hit me how much I had enjoyed seeing him and I was genuinely sad to have to say goodbye. It also reminded me of how much I miss everyone back in Australia. Believe it or not, I think about all of you, my family and friends, almost every day. Don't think for a second that I have forgotten you, ever. I love you all, and I really can't wait to come back and visit...
No comments:
Post a Comment