First of all, happy mothers day to Mum (Jen-Jen) and Mom (Lindy-Lou). I hope you both had a great day, I am sorry that I didn't get to spend it with at least one of you. So, how was everyone's weekend? Mine started a little early, on Wednesday afternoon as I drove Jenee to the Jacksonville Airport. As we drew closer to I-10, the connecting highway to the airport, the smoke from the fires in the region was so thick that visibility was reduced to about 200-300 meters at best. On the way home the smoke had once again extended all the way to Gainesville, and it was even thicker than before.
Thurday to Friday Afternoon Summary: Wake up, work, sleep, wake up, work - no Friday meeting! Friday night was movie night, so Rob, Sarah, Jason, Mandy, Mike, Mary, Brandon and Krista all came over and we played games till late and then watched The Princess Bride. Classic, it just never gets old. I think I want to bed at about 2:30am...
Aaaaaaaand I was awake at 6:30. Stupid responsibilities at work, I had to go to work on Saturday morning. What ever happened to sleeping in? Oh well, I spent the rest of the day relaxing at the pad. In the afternoon, Brandon and Krista had asked if I could take a photo of them and Krista's brother for Mother's Day. That was fun to try and be all experty and professional. Later Rob and Sarah invited me to see Spiderman 3!
I went along and it was fun to hang out with the Hammersma's, Rob was so excited he was running around the place looking at the Transformers and Silver Surfer displays. It's great to see someone else get excited and act 12, I was right there with you Rob :-)
Sunday was yet more relaxing. I actually missed church, so I made up for it by listening to no less than 6 sermons on CD during the day. Among other things, I cleaned the car, the apartment and did the washing. Later in the afternoon, I shared a very unusual experience with Rob playing disc golf. There were very few people on the course and so I was able to relax and take my time. As we made our way through the course, the sky darkend and by the 6h hole it had started to rain just enough that we didn't get wet, but cooled off enough. by th 12th, the rain was getting pretty constant, and the thunder was getting closer. By 17, the rain was bucketing down so we ran the last two holes so that we could finish our game.
Well, the time finally came and at 12:30am monday morning, I got to see my princess! Talk about Red-Eye, we didn't get to bed until 2:35am. That is love folks, driving 2 hours to pick up your wife, and then two hours home. Well, thats whats new in my neck of the woods, and as I write this, my wife has passed out on my shoulder so I am going to take her to to bed. Night everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment