Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Air Show Goodness! (PICTURES ARE UP NOW)

Well, we are back in our apartment, after a long long day in the sun. The day started off early for me, I got up at 7 and headed off to work to tend to samples from 2 separate experiments. An hour later I was back at the apartment, and hour after that, we were at Gainesville Regional Airport for the "Heart of Florida Air Show".

After a brief and exciting ride on a tractor pulled wagon we were there! The organizers had a great assortment of modern fighter jets, old and current stunt planes, historical military and civilian planes. You can see the slide show below, but we spent a good hour walking around enjoying the atmosphere. I love it cause you can talk to anyone, ask questions to pilots and have a great time together.

Heart of Florida Airshow 2007

Our favorites? Well, I have to admit, the big ticket to me was to see a real deal in-the-flesh A-10 Warthog, and I have to admit, in the air A-10's are incredibly maneuverable and you can see how lethal they would potentially be to land targets in service. On the other hand the noise, violence, grace, maneuverability, speed, and violence of the F-18 was astounding. And then there was Jurgis Kairys' Sukhoi Su-31. One word - WOW. Jenee's favorite was Patty Wagstaff flying her Extra300S stunt plane. She threw that little thing all over the sky like nobodies business. It was a very spectacular show, she was flying 50ft off the deck, and then the next moment she was whizzing up into the sky spinning around and around, and then she would be back playing near the ground.

Our Impression? Personally I thought that it was a well organized fun day out. One thing I will confess to though, is that from now on I will listen to the gene in my wife that says things like "Shall we take chairs?", and "Let's take some more food and water!". I confess, I thought that chairs would be extra weight, and a pain. Wrong and wrong. We came home after six hours in the hot Florida sun, happy but rater sunburnt, well at least on Stevens was ...So, who's up for the Sea and Air Airshow in May down in Ft Lauderdale? (me me me me me me me!)

No comments: