Pages

Monday, April 2, 2007

3 National Championships in 12 Months!

Well the Gators have done it again. Last night the Mens basketball team won their second consecutive national title. In January, the football / gridiron team won their first title in (I think) 11 years. Thats three titles in 12 months.

Excerpt and image taken from GatorZone

The University of Florida men’s basketball team capped another magical season Monday night, this time with an 84-75 victory over Ohio State at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta to claim the national title for the second-straight year.

With the victory, the Gators became the first team since 1991 and 1992 to repeat as champions (Duke).

Florida (35-5) won the final 10 games of the season, and now owns an 18-game win streak in postseason play (12-0 in the NCAA Tournament). Ohio State ended its season with a 35-4 record as the Gators snapped the Buckeye’s 22-game win streak.

Last year I was only "fascinated" with the sports activity of the university and enjoyed attending the basketball and baseball games. I have to say, this year I am a lot more interested in the teams and would claim to be a fan, though not a "superfan" like some Gators. These young men have such fantastic attitudes towards each other and their opponents and have won my respect. You should see how they play, their just amazing...


Nate

No comments: