2:15 - We leave the Radisson and hit I-26. The going is good.
2:25 - We are stopped in traffic. Not going anywhere. Jenee looks drowsy.
2:50 - We pass a sign that explains the reason for a traffic jam.
3:20 - After 10 miles (6 more that the sign said) we reach the scene of a not to serious 6-car smack up. Apparently our side of the road slowed down for nothing more than a look. so annoying.
4:03 - Finally we hit I-95 and turn south for home. 5 hours to go. Jenee is gone.
4:40 - The sky is dark and the rain is falling so, so heavy. I can see maybe 10 car lengths ahead and the traffic is moving at 75 mph / 120 kmh. Seriously, the traffic didnt even slow down, and the funny thing was all the pellets were in the center and right lanes, so Nate takes the left lane and avoids everyone else's tyre spray.
5:20 - Still raining. Jenee is still asleep.
6:40 - The rain starts to slow down, and the sky clears up. Jenee wakes up. We start to play a game. It's kinda sad really. The game is, name an actress and then put her into a bracket: "wow", "almost wow", "girl next door" and "creepy". Kinda sad, but we had good fun and some funny arguments about certain people. At least it kept me from falling asleep.
7:27 - Quiznos for Dinner, Shibby!
9:20 - We arrive home 20 minutes before I guessed it.
Traffic Tickets: 0
Witnessed Accidents: 1 almost
Hours Driving in Hard Rain: 4:30
Hours Jenee Slept: 3
*********************************************************************************
The conference is nearly over which means it's nearly time for Jenee and I to head back home and its raining.
Jenee said I wasn't allowed to play in the rain in case I catch a sniffle....
No comments:
Post a Comment