It seems as though Jenee and I have an affinity for long walks right before it rains. Last night we decided to go for an after dinner walk over to Best Buy. The sun setting in the west was lighting up the huge clouds with brilliant tones of pink and orange. God is so amazing with his creation. 20 minutes later we made our purchase and started to head home. I think the "you should have brought an umbrella" sign was the massive lightning strike that triggered the following torrent of rain. Luckily we could make it most of the way home under the balcony's of the shopping complex we live next to, but we still had to make a 400m dash for glory through the warm rain.
Being the smart people that we are, we only had thongs / flip flops for shoes, and a plastic bag to protect our phones, car keys and my new memory card reader (and was I happy that I didn't bring my camera!). The rain was so warm, and the droplets were so nice that we walked, until the rain really started to fall hard. Now trying to run in thongs/flip flops in the rain isn't so easy, despite my determination to make it work, so we had to run bare foot through the parking lots all the way home. We arrived home soaked to the bone, but safe, to two cats that seemed rather amused that "mom and dad" were so silly and so wet.
Just another Nate and Jenee Adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment