Yup, this exciting edition of Nate's Weblog (where we get the word Blog from, learn something new everyday) comes from the above destination. So why am I here? Well, I am here on a reading retreat, while Jenee does her thing at the SEAGEP conference. SEAGEP is the The South East Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate program run by the lady that she works for and Jenee practically organized this conference for 50 people in her spare time at work. Isn't she amazing. So here is the run down so far:
6:02 am - My cousin Eugene rings me from Australia and we talk for 1 hour and 20 minutes while I get ready for this trip.
8:03 am - We hit the road and head North. Jenee talks to me for a while then falls asleep due to low oxygen levels in the car. I find a 'pearler' of an 80's rock radio station that stays with me for the next 3 hours.
10:40 am - Enter into Georgia. Jenee is still asleep. Starts to rain.
11:30 am - Stops raining.
12:03 pm - Jenee wakes up and I am hungry so we make a stop at KFC in some podunk town off the highway. Takes 15 minutes to order, pay and get our food. The chicken strips were not too good...
12:20 pm - Jenee is asleep again. More time to think... running out of topics...
12:40 - Enter South Carolina
1:34 pm - I am not paying attention to my speed (80 mp/h - 128 km/h) and by the Grace of God I don't get lasered by the sneaky cop on the bridge with the laser gun. Lesson learnt. Back to cruise control.
2:05 pm - We arrive in Columbia. Initial impression is that its not an overly exciting place by the look of things. The hotel is nice though and we have one of those 'Sleep Number' beds that you adjust the pressure to suit your needs.
2:06 pm - Bored of playing with Sleep Number bed. Move on to Internet, anything but reading papers.
So there you have it, its been an intense day of sitting and steering and thinking. As you can tell I am bored, and now I have to read through my papers so if you would like you are welcome to send me an email to distract my from my boredom.
No comments:
Post a Comment