Pages

Friday, June 8, 2007

Calm before the Launch


Blue Dragonfly

Its Friday morning and to be quite honest, its beautiful outside however, I'm inside, but I get to go outside in a few hours which is exciting because: I'm going to the shuttle launch today! Yup, at 1:30 I am outta here and I am going to drive down to Titusville Beach and hopefully, weather conditions permitting, STS-117 will be launching for space. The closest that I can get is 7 miles to the launch site, so I am not guaranteeing any amazing photos. One experienced photographer commented that unless you can gain access to the NASA site, you would need a 2000mm lens to get a close up shot of the shuttle (a 2000mm lens = a large telescope). Anywho, to tie you over until I can post the shuttle pics, here are two I snapped yesterday of a Floridian Softshell Turtle and a blue Dragonfly.


Florida Softshell Turtle (Apalone ferox)

No comments: