AMAZING FEAT OF FEATINESS
Here's the scoop. On Saturday Jou-Jou and I went to Rob and Sarah's for a swim, pizza and a movie. No big deal, I even took my shuttle pictures on my 1GB Lexar Secure II flash drive. Sweet. On Sunday, Jenee and I went for a swim in our pool here at Windmeadows. Well come monday I couldn't locate said flash drive. 'No worries' I thought, I frequently misplace small items and they inevitably turn up right where I put them.
Well its now Tuesday evening and I just found my flashdrive. In my bathers. That I wore in the pool on Sunday. Yup, good ol' Bob (the drives name) went for a 30 minute swim with me. He even went to the bottom of the pool several times, did a couple of dive-bombs, and a swim-race with Jou-Jou.
Needless to say I felt a little sick realising that some of my important things were still on the drive. So what does one do? Well, he felt pretty dry when I found him so I put him in the USB slot of my Laptop and whadyaknow he fired up! Then crashed... Not to be so easily defeated, I took the drive out and give it a bit of love in our toaster oven. A good 40oC for one hour and presto - he works like a treat and I got all the data off him. Howzat!!!
Seems that I have this strange habit of disasters with water. Last week I accidentally poured my cup of water over the top of my work computer and it survived, and then yesterday's adventure in the rain. What gives?

2 comments:
hmmmm,
a habit for misplacing things?
I seem to be reminded of a certain wedding ring.
nearly wet myself reading re. bob - bless him!
Helen
Post a Comment