Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

Update on Sable

Well, we just got a phone call from Dr. Greene about Sable. She has a partial blockage in her small intestine, which we are hoping is just a hairball, to go along with her inflammed mouth, throat and stomach. We have approved surgery for her and we are praying all goes well. Hopefully there is nothing else is wrong with her such as dead tissue in her intestines.

Jenee and I have been very worried about her over the weekend and have literally worried ourselves to exhaustion, so much so that I have had to stay home from work. Neither of us have really slept since Thursday and we have been praying and trusting all is in His hands. One comment I made to Jenee was "if this is what having kids is like then I don't want them." That lightened the mood until she gave me a dead arm.

It really hit home how much I love that cat, she was my only company for nearly a year while I was in Gainesville on my own. It also made me think about how she is grumpy, doesn't like to be cuddled and so on and perhaps this inflammation in her insides is the reason why. We hope this fixes her up and maybe she'll be much better from now on....

No comments: