You know "Those Days". The ones where you work so hard all day, or at least you intend to, and everything around you seems to go wrong. I arrived to work with the delightful surprise that my computer had been shut down without saving any of my work. 2 days worth of work gone. I searched all over the computer, in all the nooks and crannys that I know, and some that I didn't, and it was not there.
That was the first surprise. The second was that my undergraduate unknowingly broke a $1500 ceramic vessel, I kid you not. I discovered that it was due to over tightening, and as a bonus, the studs we use to fasten the ceramic vessel to the attrition mill were bent so I had to remove and replace them. Ordinarily no big deal, except one of the new studs slipped out of my hands and fell down the crevasse of death. I spent the next hour fishing with what ever I could find to retrieve it. eventually I got it and the mill was back in order. By this point in time it was 11am and I needed to get cracking on rewriting my lost work.
I sat down at my desk and got called to help with someone's experiment. Then there was lunch, and then the contact angle goniometer packed it in. By the end of the day, I had managed to squeeze in a total of 30 minutes of work on my proposal. The one redeeming event of the day was I got to have Moe's with Jenee for Dinner!
Maybe tomorrow will be a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment