Pages

Monday, October 1, 2007

Roach's, Apples and NASA (Jenee's First Post!)

Nate and I had an adventure last night. Right before bed I had to take a tablet, and it typically upsets my stomach, that is why I take it in the evening. So I had a midnight snack of watermelon when I took it. I set my plate down by my bed (because I was very bad and was eating it in bed) and not a minute later I looked over and there was a huge ROACH! (Nate - at was at least 3 inches). They are doing construction down stairs and the weather is changing so I think it is the season for them. Well of course I yelled and Nate, the hero on a white horse he is, came running in to my rescue and tried to kill it. Well the cunning roach got away. We tore the bedroom apart trying to figure out where he went, so I immediately went into the kitchen, cleaned all of the dishes and Clorox'd all of the counters. After about 20 min. of looking (Nate is such a good man) we decided he was gone. So I proceeded to strip the bed of all of the blankets and make sure he wasn’t hiding in there. When my fear was satisfied I covered my mouth and ears (I watch entirely to many gross movies) and tried to sleep. I woke up this morning with a queasy stomach and then I saw the roach dead on the carpet. Nate swooped in and cleaned it up and now my only BIG task is to call the apartment and have them spray again! Oh it was horrible yet so funny to see us both.

Helen has sent us a DVD of pictures and a great letter telling us all about what they have been up to. I look forward to getting home tonight and looking at them. Nate has gotten a computer from my Aunt Paula and Uncle Craig that has a simple scrap booking program so I will scrapbook them while Nate is working like crazy this week. Zeina my cousin is also coming on Thursday for a whole week! We are taking Nate to NASA for his birthday and spending a day at the beach as well. I have gotten him a birthday present that is very exciting. He is sitting here with me right now making a doctor’s appoint for his immigration so I will have to let you know what it is later. I think I am more excited than he is.

1 comment:

Brandon and Krista said...

well done Jenee. Good first post. Cue applause...