Pages

Monday, October 15, 2007

Visit from Zeina

Last week Jenee and I had a visitor in our home from Texas. Zeina, Jenee's cousin, came and stayed with us for a whole week. It was fun to have her and I know we enjoyed her company. While she was here we took her around Gainesville, to St. Augustine Beach and we even went to NASA! I will post about the fun at NASA separately.

While Zeina was here, I learn't first hand about her special gift of making, how shall i put it diplomatically, "special comments". When being shown around a Gainesville friends home (who have finches in a large cage in their home) the owners were questioned as to whether they thought it was cruel to keep birds in a cage... But my favorite 'Zeina comment' happened at Jacksonville Zoo while looking at (along with a group of mom's with strollers) a very pretty but endangered jaguar, I hear over my left shoulder, "Wow isn't it beautiful! That would make a beautiful coat". Yup, a beautiful coat. LOL, I was so embarrassed that I had to walk away.

We did have fun with Zeina though and it was fun for Jenee to have her around.

No comments: