Well it is 3am where I am, I can't sleep. I have been laying down for a while now and I just cant pass into the land of dreams so I got fed up with trying and decided that I would get up and post here. I think this is what I get for taking a nap this afternoon.
Why would I take a nap, I never take naps? Well, I guess the story starts a few weeks back when the pre-IAB rush started. It came to a point where I realized how quickly the Meeting was coming and how I had plenty of work to present, but this work was for one of the PhD students that I am working with to present at IAB. So, I made a plan, drafted some help and since then have been working even harder to get some extra experiments done. Last week I was working hard finishing off all my experimental loose ends and trying to work on my presentation which was due on Friday so that CD's could be made. Well, some how every time I had literally 5 minutes to myself, with out fail, someone would come around the corner, poke their head in my cubicle and ask me to do something for them. Now I don't have a problem helping, in fact I get paid to help people, but when its all day, all week and I can't do my work it eventually gets disheartening.
I worked all Saturday, Monday and Tuesday finishing off the presentation for IAB. I got it done, and I got all my other duties done, but by Tuesday night I was feeling way overspent. IAB was actually a very good and productive two days. Many conferences last more than a day and this one is no exception, it lasts 2. Two days that start at 7:30 and finish at 9pm on the first day and 6 on the second. Thats a lot of conference for anyone and I really didn't get much rest Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday nights.
Jenee's cousin Zeina arrived on Thursday to visit for a week and because I am leaving for Tennessee on my Birthday, Jenee wanted to use this weekend as a Birthday weekend which meant that I got my Birthday present early! I love birthday presents, I cant lie, what I love even more is when I am supprised and get something that I really would like but in no way would I spend the money on my self. And thats exactly what I got, Jenee had been scheming and collaborating with Brandon and Krista, her brother Cory and probably some other people to try and get me a Nintendo Wii. If you don't know what it is, its game machine, like a PlayStation, only instead of tapping buttons on a controller, you have to swing the motion sensitive remote to play the games. It's a lot of fun and I was totally surprised when I opened the present! The Wii is really more fun when you play with someone else and the girls entertained me for an hour but weren't really interested in playing with me after that - meh...
Friday was a crazy day for me, I got to work at 7am and it didn't stop until I forced myself to leave early at 4. Not only was the day crazy but it prety much rained all day after lunch time, and not just a gentle rain, but pouring down so that the carparks were under water, lawns looked like pools and the stream through campus was more like a river, I think it finally stopped raining about an hour ago. Which brings me to now, sitting on the floor in our bathroom with the doors shut so as to not wake up either of the girls as they slumber on. I was smart/stupid enough to take a two hour power nap when we came home and I think I am paying the consequences.
Well it's nearing 3:30 am and my I feel disgusting. I want to sleep, I thing I may go try again, I guess if I don't I'll be back to write more?
1 comment:
you should have given your sis a ring in australia...
Helen
Post a Comment