So we walk into Starbuck's aka "The Happiest Place in the Universe (Take that Disney)!!! Needless to say it has become quit a habit to visit there about once a day. Ok so maybe they know me by name/drink and the fact that they have to charge my card before they charge me for coffee because they know we have forgotten to do it and I want my discount. Well usually they ask your name and usually I let Nate tell them his because Jenee is just really confusing apparently... At least I thought Nate would be easier and I keep forgetting to use my Starbuck's name, Tonya (my cousin Majedah taught me about the Starbuck's name and you can see why,....). So Nate, in his best "say it clearly to these silly American's voice" pronounces his name, NaTTTe and we walk around the counter to the drink receiving area waiting patiently for our wonderful sips of pure happiness and joy, yes it does have more flavor than coffee just the way I like it, and just to check and see whose drink is whose, we happen to look at the cup. Low and behold, despite Nate's pronunciation, in big letters we see "Nick." Finding this a bit funny we laugh it off. Well the next day comes and the next trip for coffee and low and behold the EXACT same thing happens. Well being the scientists we/Nate is and i pretend to be, we decided a little reverse phycology is in order. The next day we walk in the to the buck's with our plan. We order our coffee and they ask for a name and Nate very clearly says, "NICK". We walk around the counter and wait, not thinking it possible, but we had to try it just to put our giggles (yes girly giggles) to rest, and you have got to be joking! Written clear as day on the side of our cups is N-A-T-E! Thinking this is just a fluke we try it again, at a DIFFERENT Starbuck's (yes it was the next day) just to prove that we are not crazy. We order, Nate clearly states his name as "Nick" and what happens, N-A-T-E!! We have yet to order a cup of coffee and them to write Nate when he says Nate or Nick when he says Nick. Not sure why that is. I think his Starbuck's name, since even 4 letter names are confusing, should be Tony. Tony and Tonya! Perfect. Course they will probably hear Peter and then we have to start all over again.....
1 comment:
LOL. Love the story.
Heck I can't even get my name recognised in my country of origin. A few years ago I was at work and had a conversation that went like this:
"Welcome to ***, this is Eugene"
"Who?"
"Eugene"
"Sorry, who?"
"Ewe-Jean"
"I'm sorry?"
"It's Brett"
"I thought you said it was Eugene"
"And I thought you didn't hear me"
Post a Comment