Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

And This Is What I Bought With My Birthday Money

I bought myself a proper tripod! It's carbon fiber with magnesium crown, weighs next to nothing, is super rigid and can support about 3x more equipment than I own. I still need the 'head' which is on the way, it's on severe back-order at the moment... patience is a virtue. It doesn't look anything too special, but if you're in the know, you'll know what your looking at!



And after being made fun of, I feel I need to explain what the camoflage things are for. They serve a few purposes: 1) The break up the structure of the tripod if you are shooting wildlife, birds etc (which I occasionally do...), 2) the make it look cool n'stuff, and 3) the most important thing is they insulate your hands from extreme heat during the heat of the day, and extreme cold like in NM when its -10ÂșC. Call me a wuss if you want, I know you're jealous...

No comments: