It was my birthday a few weeks ago and I forgot to post pictures so here they are. I had a great day. Of course I wanted to be boring (according to Sanguines anyway) but my wife found the perfect balance of fun for the day. She stole me away for lunch, my choice being the ever delicious Chipolte, and then about 2 hours late stole me away from work for a secret surprise, which was a massage! She took me to the day spa where she goes for her stuff so I almost felt uncomfortable, as it's mostly a ladies only facility, blokes don't really like getting their nails done, but I was made to feel very comfortable and in no time I was the lucky recipient of a very nice massage. It was so good I didn't feel like doing anything for a week, with out exaggeration.
In the evening, I chose to go to El Toro, a Mexican restaurant one town north of us. Rob and Sarah and Meredith came along too and it was a great evening. My dread is of course the public singing of "Happy Birthday, " so I didn't want to say anything to the restaurant staff, however it did come out from someone at the table, so later I was treated to a complimentary dessert (that we shared with everyone) but only after wearing a ridiculous sombrero and being sung to. Besides that, Jenee had bought 2 gourmet cupcakes and crammed them with 30 candles, so in the end I got my spectacle, hahahaha. All in all, it was a great day.
On the weekend we went to the beach to celebrate the cooler weather and found some new favorite places in our favorite beach! It was awesome. The best part was we had all the space we could want to fly our kites which was just so 'cleansing for the soul' to be out there with no phones, no people, no distractions.
No comments:
Post a Comment