Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Special Marble

So I feel like since Nate is not going to have a computer for a few days, I would take up some blogging slack. What better post that one about our ridiculous cats.
Last night I wake up to the sound of a very sad meow. Still jumpy from the last distressed meow I heard from Sable when she was sick (keep in mind I know nothing about cats, and have never had indoor ones for sure!) I leap out of bed. I know you are asking yourself, "self, did she really leap?" Well the answer is YES! I flew out of bed tripping on the pillows that are thrown on the floor amongst clothes as well (we have been little sewing bunnies so the cleaning has fallen to the side, Yes mom, I clean my own house smarty pants!) and proceed to crawl down the stairs. Suddenly I see a white flash, well it really wasn't a flash but considering that Marble (I have no room to judge) has a few extra pounds on her it was as flashy as she is going to get, across the hallway into the living room. She looks up at me with her strangely small head and overly large eyes and you can see this sigh of relief. I proceed to carry the sweet obese cat upstairs and toss her on the foot of the bed where she of course wakes up Sable and force cuddles with her as my legs are sweating from the insane heat the two Yin and Yang cats put off. It is like a solar flare!

Here is my theory of what happened that night:
Our youngest cat may just be suffering from dimension and fell asleep in the sewing room. When she woke up at 2AM and looked around, no one was there and all was dark. Nothing looked familiar, because typically she is too scared to venture down the hallway much less into a new room and as I do, ( I relate allot with this cat) FREAKED HERSELF OUT! When I called her she was frozen, unsure if that was really her mom or someone impersonating her in order to lure her out of the bedroom where she would be given poisonous treats and offed. When she saw that it was in fact me, she was so relieved she ran with the intention of jumping into my arms, however half way there she realized, "there is no way I can get my feet off the ground," and proceeded to skid into the living room and wait to be picked up and carried to the bedroom where the rest of the family was unaware of her trial.

Like I said, I don't know much about cats, but that is all I can figure.

1 comment:

Nate said...

hahaha, so funny. Jenee also learned what a morning in my shoes is like. When I got home she told me that both mornings I was gone, she was woken up by Ying and Yang, at 6:30 and pestered until 7:00 when she finally got out of bet to feed them... such brats we have