I think the best part about going home is kind of obvious, it's seeing my family. Obviously we saw lots of everybody. Mum and dad were there to see us at the airport and we stayed in my old room, Heather and Jonno saw us for dinner on the first night. Helen and Danny flew down from their vacation with Sam and Rachel to see us too. It was the first time I had met Rachey and I have to say that cute little face completely melted her Uncle. She is so stinking cute. I even managed to score a long cuddle with her on one of the last nights we were there although I never got "lovey ears". You only get lovey ears if Rachel really likes you and is comfortable with you (its where she gently rubs your ears in her little hands) so I guess we have a little more bonding time to go.
Chris and Mel were also there to hang out with us and it was so great to see them. I know you are reading this and I have to tell you, I miss you both and hopefully will see you pretty soon. Jacqui and Roy and Uncle John also flew down for an extended weekend. I hadn't seen Jacqui or Uncle John for 5 or more years, and I have never met Roy so it was a real pleasure. Roy has a great sense of humor and obviously was meant to be a part of this family.
The party was also a great time to see some more F&F including Eugene, Uncle JB, Neil, Peta, U-Ian, A-Penny, U-Tim, A-Paige and the girls.
One of the things I miss the most are the huge family dinners where we all get together and just have the best time together. I'll write more about some of the things we did together later but Jenee and I are planning to visit again sometime in April or May 09. We'll see... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment