Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back in Gainesville

Yup, here I am, back in good ol' humid Gainesville and it is Tuesday. As I sit here there are multiples of emotions running through my mind. I am happy, elated, tired, sad, lonely, joyous and excited all at the same time. Its really quite a funny feeling, actually. I will write more about our trip back to Australia over the next few days, but in short, we had a terrific time with my family and we are missing them dearly.

Jenee and I have had plenty of adventures and true to our travelling tradition, Jenee's bags even got lost by the airlines. I would have been back in Gainesville a few days ago but due to jetlag and a persistant tropical storm over Florida, we decided to delay coming back until Monday night.

It was great to see the apartment and cats who have been well loved and as a result put on a pound. They both are weighing in at 13lbs or 6kg. Last night was kind of traumatic for them because they are now on a diet, they got their nails clipped and got several threats of being trained to walk on a leash to walk off some of that weight.

Now, in good Nate fashion I have lots of photos to share and I have even gone through them on my computer so all I need to do is upload them as I get to them. So, mostly as a reminder for me, here are some of the posts to look forward to:
  • The Stevens' vs. Air Travel
  • Mum and Dad's 60th Birthday Bash
  • The Great Family Catch-Up
  • The Adventures of The Stevens Family
  • Future Plans

p.s. If you are reading this and I was meant to send you some photos, please send me an email to remind me.

1 comment:

kwgator said...

Welcome back to the good ol' US of A. We are coming to Gville Thursday night through Monday!!!! So excited to see you!!!! Let us know your schedule so we can see you ASAP, we are staying with the Hamersmas!