Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

This Week So Far...

Well, Jenee is back for 10 days and I couldn't be happier. I knew I missed her but perhaps I was in denial about how much I really missed her. It was nice to just sit next to her in the car and be able to hold her hand. Also, since she has been gone, I haven't been sleeping too well. I have had the best two nights sleep in the last two days for at least a month. Strange how things change (single->married). While Jenee's been away, I have been building a friendship with a guy at work that I think the Lord has been leading me towards witnessing to. We've been hanging out on Saturday afternoons and share a love of cameras, cars and Super Mario Kart on the Nintendo. Greg invited me out to dinner with his family at Satchels and here are some of my shots...

A rare sight, a Series III RX-7

Junk at Satchels. Awesome Pizza House in Gainesville

Work has been fun. Fun in the sense of I have so much to do that it's 5pm before I know it. One of the projects I am working on is particularly interesting. Now, I am not obliged to tell you what the reaction is, but I can tell you that it involves a lot of heat and extremely fast reaction times. The picture below shows some of precursor reaction we use to trigger the reaction of interest. As you can see things are glowing hot. Well, we had a little incident where we used more material that we were aware off and the second photo shows what happened here. There was nothing much left. No one was hurt, however I think the student and I had to go and change our pants afterward...
Remnants of the reaction...

And finally, here's something interesting. Anyone have a clue whats happening here? I'll tell you in a few days...


Do you know why there is a fire near my head? Leave your guess in the comments...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you cleaning out all your ear wax?? Just a guess.....