Its been a long, long day and as I write this, its still not done yet. Jenee is back in TX for a week when I will then join her. We got up at 6 this morning to head out for a dermatologist appointment for me. My Dr. wanted me to have a strange spot on my toe examined. After being warned that it could possible serious, I am relieved to know that I simply have a small fungal infection, not melanoma. I also had a skin cancer check and to my delight the cut something off me. It was a small black mole and it's currently being biopsied. I don't think there is anything to worry about. Jenee sat through the whole thing laughing at me because I looked ridiculous with my gown on. I wanted to give the Dr. a surprise and wear it backwards but decided not to. At least I wore boxers today and wasn't being liberal... O.o
After the dermatologist Jenee and I drove to Orlando where we dropped by the outlet mall before getting to the airport. I have driven in excess of 240 mi / 380 km for the airport round trip today. Crazy.
Once I got home I had to take poor Sable to her least favorite place in the world, the vet. Dr. Green was awesome as always and Sable for the most part is ok, just a little sore in the mouth and very sulky. She hasn't let me out of her sight all night and is currently sitting next to me at the table.
I am up for performance review tomorrow and I have been writing a supplementary document highlighting the things I have done in the last 6 months. Check it out. I think that explains why I feel tired at the end of the day... it's not complete nor comprehensive... phew...
YRF Team Member
SSTP student mentor
Undergraduate Student Mentor
Graduate Mentor/Advisor
Research
Author / Co-PI - Supercritical Processing Project
Author / Co-PI - SBIR project
Author / Co-PI - Passivation of Aluminum and Copper
Co-PI - Detoxification of Mycotoxins
Service Center
Technician as follows;
Training Responsibilities:
-TGA
-Contact Angle Goniometer
-Supercritical Drying
-Freeze Drying
-Powder Flow
-Shear Scan
-Indisizer
-Schulze Cell
-Attrition Mill
-Nanotrac
-Electrostatic Testing
Sample Processing: Work allocated to my typically falls under categories described under my instrument responsibilities.
Instrument repair and maintenance
Lab Maintenance
-coordinating cleaning efforts
-manage hazardous waste
-safety training
-ordering and maintaining lab supplies
Lab Manager
-Furnace Room
-Milling Room
-Test Bed
Education:
-Host visitors
-Teach paint lab (lecture and lab)
-Student mentoring
Publishing/Proposals/Reports
-NSF final report
-Army final report
-6 journal articles (3 submitted with 3 more to come).
-Book Chapter
-Proposals
-(awarded) Supercritical Drying
-(awarded) SBIR
-(pending) Passivation of aluminum
No comments:
Post a Comment