Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Honey, Pack the bags and the Sewing Machine?

Well I am writing this from the car, Dumas, Texas to be specific. There is country music on the radio, fast food in our bellies and we’re road trippin baby! Yeah! Jenee and I love road trips, there is something about being out on the road that we just love. Now we flew to Texas so obviously we don’t have our car so we have to borrow one from Linda and Joe. Now, we have quite and array to choose from including a Range Rover, Toureag, F-250 and the Mini Cooper S. We have done countless miles in the Toureag and F-truck as both are very comfortable and decent on fuel. However with the recent spike in prices we decided that we would consider taking the Mini. I am sure you have all seen the new Mini’s. they aren’t terribly big but they are good on fuel and comfortable for short trips. Well its now 5pm so we have been on the road for 8 hours and I can honestly say that I am quite comfortable still! This mini has low profile tires on 18” rims and it's fully loaded and the road handling and economy is still great. I think we are going to talk to Joe about buying it.

Now when I was a kid, we would go camping all the time during the year. Now Stevens’ don’t really go light when the camp. We have portable showers, bbq’s, and all the small necessities that any good camper needs. The joke was always, we’ve brought everything, INCLUDING the kitchen sink. Well something tells me I am going to have a similar experience during my life like my dad did. Example, I go t the car packed with our two suitcases, a (super huge – Jenee) camera bag, computer bag and some munchies. Proud to be ready on time I got to tell Jenee that the car is ready when she tasks me, “do you think we can take my sewing machine?” I look at her to see if she is serious and she is. “Well, let me go and have a look” is my reply. With out much trouble I found some room and now the sewing machine and accessory bag is sitting behind be. I have to admit, I love that Jenee wants to bring it, partly because she loves the sewing machine that I gave her, partly because she loves sewing and partly cause I love my wife and she’s just so fun.

I should be careful cause If I can get my way in a few yeas, my camera bag will probably far out weigh her machine. The competition is on… The other thing we joke about is who can spend the most on their hobby. Not that we are trying to spend lots of money, quite the opposite. I used to think that I could out spend her with my wish list of lenses and so on but now I am not so sure. Good thing were both happy with what we have!

1 comment:

kwgator said...

We have taken the sewing machine on road trips as well!!!