Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Early Morning Roadtrip

Between the two of us, apparently neither Jenee or I really slept last night. Apparently we were both having nightmares about things that could possibly go wrong. Why I hear you ask? Well at 5 am this morning I got up, hopped in the car and drove 2 hours to Jacksonville to get my finger prints taken as a part of the immigration process.

The drive was fairly quiet for the most part, I just sat quietly, thinking in the dark, while Jenee slept on at home. Everything was going well, that is, until I reached I-95 and my irritable bowel syndrome kicked in. I got that special feeling, that feeling that tells me that I should find a bathroom at my soonest convenience or else I will suffer the consequences. Praise the Lord that there was an exit to a petrol station with in sight. Now, when I was younger this kind of thing was the norm, but I still suffer when my diet is poor or I am stressed. As a bonus for being a grown-up now, my adult symptoms are much better (being only mild to strong stomach pains) than what I went through as a child. 5 minutes back on the road I got the special feeling again...

It turned out to be nerves. Once I was where I needed to be, everything calmed down. The finger printing experience turned out to be quite pleasant. I only had to wait for about 15 minutes, and once I was in the printing room, I realized something quite funny, the two ladies who were taking my prints were of Mexican origin, speaking Spanish, in a US Immigration Office.

So all in all, there was nothing to worry about, God had already taken care of everything for me, both little and large. It's a constant struggle for me to day-by-day TRUST the Lord, I think some of it is from my Melancholic personality which hopes for the best but prepares (and worries) for the worst. Me and my stupid worrying nature, when will I learn? (My two favorite passages that the Lord has given me in times of stress are Matthew 6:30-34 and Isaiah 43:1-6)

Now I am at work and it feels like its about home time. My clock says its 12:34... I wonder if I can change the time on the University Server?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nate- I am sorry to say this, but when I was reading your story about goin to get your finger prints taken and the whole bowel thing, I found it quite humorous! Almost like when Harry on Dumb and Dumber can hear his bathroom break coming after he drank the laxatives. I am sure you were laughin at the time, but it made me laugh- thanks! THATS good that it was a lot more low key and less stressful when you got there! So , im assuming everything went ok,-Thats good that their not going to deport you or anything like that!!!