This weekend we went to Tennessee to visit Jenee's Aunt's new retirement home. The house is approximately 10 hours from where we live in Gainesville which means that the round trip was a little over 1200 mi / 2000 km, and we did most of that in 2 days!
I finally got to meet "Uncle Craig" who is a really tops bloke. We hit it off and had a great time putting together furniture, talking smack and playing cards. Momma and Dad 2 were there too of course, so there was no limit to the mischief that went on.
While we were there we visited Nashville, which is of course, the Mecca for country music. As a part of our pilgrimage we visited the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Grand Ole Opry, two CM land marks. I have to admit, thought I may not be county musics #1 fan, I do enjoy alot of it and it makes for excellent road trip listening. I learnt a lot at the Hall of Fame, such as, did you know Ray Charles read a braille version of a certain "gentlemans" magazine and Dolly Parton also posed for said magazine. Other interesting facts included Elvis' car complete with gold plated everything and 14 coats of paint that contained crushed diamonds - The first "pearl" effect paint job in history. Check it all out in the slide show.
On the return trip we visited my cousin Bek and had the best pizza in the world at the Mellow Mushroom. Bek was awesome as always and we loved hanging with her. She lives in a beautiful town called Chattanooga and its one of the nicest towns I have seen in the US thus far.
Jenee even stayed awake for most of the driving! As did I. While it was her turn to drive, I had a little nap. 30 minutes later Jenee got bored and figured that if I woke up because she was talking on the phone, then she would have some company... she's such a stinker.
1 comment:
nice lightning.
Post a Comment