Another early rise and by 10am we were on the road again. This time we were heading back to
We met up with the Cravens (Carl, Lisa, Mary Nelle, Edie and Coleman) in
Once we had settled in Carl wanted to show us around town. We climbed into an original Willy's Jeep and drove to "downtown". There is a crystal clear river running through town, the old general store is still a general store but under newer management, and a pile of old wooden planks that is now called the "Chipmunk Pile". After looking around, we drove up to Ed and Shellee's new cabin. Carl has known Ed and Shellee since high school and they have 2 boys, Garrett and Dillon, and one daughter, Trinity. It was apparent that these were boys boys and we were going to get along just fine.
After meeting the Carters we went back to the Cravens, picked up Lisa and the kids and went down to the Chipmunk pile. I have never experienced anything like this. There were chipmunks all over us trying to get their share of sunflower seeds. To add to this, there were also prairie dogs, squirrel/chipmunk mixes and black squirrels. It was a blast, there were critters going everywhere, kids sqealing with delight and plenty of laughs.
Later we went back to Ed and Shellee's for a BBQ. I went to hang out with the boys. They were shooting cans with their slingshots. I finally got a turn (after much begging - j/k) and managed to hit one of the cans first try. Dillon looked up at me and informed me that what I did wasn't fair. I looked down at him and told him that it was fair and he needed to tough it up, hahaha. That impressed them so, and we were buds from then on. I made them a deal, if they could hit 2 cans, I would buy them a chocolate bar and 5 cans them a soft drink too. It took a few days but they eventually did it.
What a great day, we couldn't wait for tomorrow to see what St Elmo has to offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment