After a much needed nights rest, Jenee and I woke up on Florid Schedule at 7 am Colorado time. The morning at Soha and Chris’s was nice. Outside was beautiful, just like an Adelaide summer's day. We, being Jenee and I, Chris and Soha, and Majedah and her son Zade, sat around swapping storey and drinking coffee. Our connection with Chris and Soha is that Soha is Majedah's best friend, and Majedah is Jenee's cousin.
After an easy morning, we packed a picnic lunch and headed to Colorado Springs with everyone, including Iman and Mona, some of Chris and Soha's friends. Our first look at Colorado was incredible. You can see the mountains everywhere, and everything is clean and tidy. We headed to the Garden of God. Now officially its called the Garden of the Gods, but I believe that the Earth was created by the personal, loving God of the Bible in just six literal days and on the seventh, he rested. At the Garden, we met up with Bekah, my cousin, and together we drove around and were awed by Gods amazing creative power. Have a look at the slide show to see what I mean.
I think what amused me the most was the area we had lunch in was signed as a Bear Activity Area. LOL. Apparently, if you are confronted by a bear, you are meant to pick up large obects and throw them at the bear, and try to scare it away. I'd rather not be so close to have to try that but if I ever had to defend my family from a bear it would make one incredible legend for my kids and grandkids one day...
We wanted to go fly fishing but it was getting late so we decided to go visit Manitou Springs which is home to the Cog Railway that goes all the way to Pikes Peak. We walked around this very pretty town until the sun was low on the horizon, then headed back into Colorado springs for dinner.
Back in Denver, Jenee's bag was finally delivered which made her very happy. We were all so exhausted that we went straight to bed. Tomorrow we were bound for St. Elmo!
No comments:
Post a Comment