All I can say is, WOW. I am still in shock and awe from the last few days/week/9months. Jolie has broken all the rules and has already kept her mom and dad on their toes. Here what's been happening:
Tuesday, June 22- We are scheduled to go in and have an ultrasound because the baby was measuring big once again and we needed to make sure all was well.... It was better than well, perfect. However, I (Jenee) was not. If you have not seen my ankles and legs you will not fully understand how much like the Michelin Man they are/were/still are. Preeclampsia has always been on the look out and sure enough, blood pressure high, protein in urine, swelling=24 hour tinkle test and Oh Dang induction on Sunday!
Wednesday June 23- Mom (Linda) flies in though she is meant to be here on Wednesday... NEXT WEEK! We were so grateful she was here because I was put on bed rest and poor Nate was just trying to get what he could done before the whirlwind of Sunday started, while I was totally helpless and worthless.
Friday, June 25- Confirmation of Preeclampsia and induction on Sunday..... Whirlwind of catch up!
Saturday, June 26- Did a bit more than I was supposed to on Friday, and paid for it on Saturday.... After being talked into it by mom and Nate, we went to the hospital just to make sure all was well with me and baby. Again Perfect!
I am preparing myself for a three day marathon of induction and labor! Terrified but ready to get this girl here. No idea what to expect! Going through all the war stories ppl have told me ALL night long. Adrenaline started pumping the minute I laid down and did not stop!
Sunday, June 27- Get up at 6:00 and make an AMAZING breakfast because I have already been told only clear liquids and have a good breakfast, heck I was up anyways. Pancakes, eggs, turkey sausage, fruit.... Yes I did do that. Food is very important in my life!
7:00AM call the hospital and nurse says come on in! We get to the hospital (because we thought we would have more time to get ready) 8:30 all smiles and jokes (that is what happens when I am nervous). As we were walking past the nurses station we meet the anesthesiologist and I thought, wont being seeing you today, I can go all the way! A little cocky but hey I had to convince myself, because I COULD NOT have more swelling and yes that was my biggest concern! 9:30 Nurse (Joanna who is wonderful) starts me on Cervadil (our Dr. in the family can correct me on this I was a bit preoccupied when she told me where it was supposed to go). I was told 12 hours of just preparing my body for the good stuff (Pitocin). The next 10 hrs were a bit slow and boring. No contractions really just hanging out. So Joanna says she is going to check dilation and see how the medicine is and if it is in position.
After a lot of pain, she says she has gotten it in a better position, I was only 1.5cm (so no progress) and they would give it 1hr and then start Pitocin..... It worked. I went from a 1.5-3 in an hour with mild discomfort in my back. It hurt but not to bad. Then 7:30 pm I got to take a shower and realized I needed Nate because the back pain was amazing and I just needed his support. After a funny mishap that I could hardly stop laughing about, I was told it was time to get out and Pitocin was coming. Sadly I dried off and got ready and got on my bed when I felt a pop, and water! I thought I'd had an accident! Nope... My water broke and that started active labor... Oh wait, back labor, full force!! but no Petocin! 4 blurry hours later and having multiple contractions with no breaks as promised, I could not lay back to get checked, and I was ready to push (and pushing a bit).
My heart rate was rising as was Jolie's and I just new in order to stay out of the woods I needed some help. I literally could hardly breathe in between contraction and muffled the words, epidural if you want me to lay back, to the nurse. I tried to move around but I couldn't. I had no lunch in me ( you can guess why), and I was already exhausted and COULD NOT move from my one position at all because of the insane back labor! I was toast, then here they come in all their glory, the two men who I scoffed at before! Wont make that mistake again. After 4 hours of Active labor (this is before the epidural) I was 10cm and ready to push.
I was at the threshold, but so glad I stopped when I did. I had about 45 minutes of shear bliss and adrenaline because I was numb from waste down (some of you got very chipper phone calls). Then Dr. Chamberlain comes in and says, you ready, and my reply is Yep! And the pushing begins! My 40 hour supposed labor (a little exaggerated) turned into about 6 and now for the hour of pushing right.... WRONG! 15 minutes of strong pushes and we welcomed our girl at 11:08. (I have not idea the time, still just in shock she made it before the 28th - made the edit for you babe [N]). Minimal tearing, both our blood pressures are famous and she is perfect! I just still cant believe it! Maybe that is why I am up at 4:00AM, I prepared myself to be pushing right about now and I CANT sleep. I am wide awake and listening to the silly sleepy sounds of my little girl. Poor Nate is exhausted and sleeping and already the most amazing dad a girl could ask for. He is a natural and is crazy about his daughter! We are in bliss and cant wait to introduce Jolie to everyone!
We are so grateful to you all and love you more than we can tell you! Thank you for your prayers and phone calls and texts! You know it breaks my heart to be so far away from many of you but we are so blessed we get to share it with those who can be here and those we can send messages and pictures to.
God has been so sovereign in all of this and we just had a peace that this was the best way! To be very honest, I have heard a lot of stories, and this was the best way :) We can never question His ACTIVE presence in our lives and we are so grateful for that love we are so undeserving of. Now we have a girl that we can raise to praise His name as we do for all his mercies in our lives!
Love you all,
Jenee
4 comments:
Oh my goodness this is such a wonderful rendition! So fresh and raw and honest. Thank you so much, Jenee, for writing this out and for sharing with us! I love you and could not be more proud of you! Way to go, Bud! So looking forward to meeting your newest Gift from God, Jolie! Love Bek xoxoxoxoxo
Congratulations to all three of you! I'm so glad that both mom and baby are beautiful, happy, and healthy!
You two are truly blessed. You have a once in a lifetime love and now a beautiful baby to raise and share that love with. I am so happy for the both of you. Wishing you both the very best life can offer for many years to come. Love Dawn
WOW! What a story! Congrats on the arrival of Jolie! She's so blessed to have you as parents. So excited for you!
Post a Comment