Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Few Random Thoughts



How good is my husband? Oh he is AWESOME. So the other night around 3:00AM I woke up wanting M&M's. Not just any M&M's as many experienced in Victor Harbor, Peanute M&M's. The only type of candy worth living for. I wanted them so bad that I couldn't sleep and when I was finally sleeping, I was dreaming about eating them, one by one, color by color. How glorious it would be.


The next day at work I was still thinking about how wonderful it would be to just have one, and suddently a KING size bag appears! And that is not all. Then when Nate did the Sam's shopping (because I love buying in bulk and go COMPLETELY out of control so am no longer allowed to go with him) suddenly the MOTHER of all bags appears. This is not just KING size this is Supper ATOMIC WarFARE HUGE!! It would take King Kong a month to finish off this bag.


So though between the two of us, making great progress through the bag and almost to the point of being sick, the craving has been abundantly answered as always. Does my husband take care of me or what! What is really awesome is that if I would have woken him up at 3:00AM to tell him that I coundn't sleep with an M&M fix, he probably would have sprinted, or atleast tiredly strolled out to get them. That is just how AWESOME he is. Just love that guy!


In other news, we got two great gifts in the mail this week which I have yet to thank the wonderful family members who sent them so THANK YOU!! We got the niftyest (not sure if that is a word but if it was that is how I chose to spell it) bracelet that helps you keep track of how many times you feed your baby a day. Heather passing on baby lessons to make our lives a bit easier! Although I think keeping track of two feeding schedules will be MUCH crazier than one, What a genius idea! I have been using it to keep track of how many times I go to the bathroom since I dont have to worry about feeding a baby yet. And the other is a GREAT family calendar especially made by Mum Stevens. I didn't realize how much joy a calendar can really bring but we have loved having those great pictures up on our wall right where we can see them everyday! Right now we are looking at beautiful Helen and Rachel for the month of February and it is just one of those things that makes you happy everytime you catch a glimpse of it on your way to the kitchen, and I make lots of trips to there so I am happy alot :).


And last but not least (aren't you proud Nate, this is a long post), we have our ultrasound on Friday, Feb. 19th and we are counting the days, trying very hard not to wish them away, but at the same time, we want them to go by fast. Mom and Dad (Masri) are will be here tomorrow and stay all weekend so we can share the exciting news and start registering and thinking baby. I have a girl feeling at this point, but have no idea why I feel that way. I haven't had any special dreams (in fact my dreams have been a bit unnerving, especially for someone who does not dream much in the first place, no more crime shows for me for sure!), or special feelings, but what Helen told me keeps ringing in my ears. When she had Sam, she had little "girl" in her. She never wanted to do the girly things like hair makeup etc... and I just can't seem to think of ANYTHING boy. Girl decorations have been a breese, I dont even have a desire to go shopping for boy clothes or anything, no boy names that I like, yet girl names are coming pretty easy. I coudl be totally wrong, and wouldnt be surprised. I will definetly have to get on target if I am, but I am being brave and actually telling what I think it might be. Watch it be a boy now that I have all this confidence, just watch LOL! We will see on FRIDAY!!!!

2 comments:

Heather Stevens said...

Thinking and praying for you guys.
Glad you got the bracelet. I hope it works :) - both my ladies were used everytime, so I didnt need to swap arms to remind me which lady to start with next time.
But now they are retired. Yeah. (Say no to biting.)This could be too much information for the comments.

Heather Stevens said...

Thomas is so cute, but who is that big ugly guy holding him?
Hopefully trixibelle doesnt inherit your whiskers, Nate.