Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First Day at Work - 2009

Well, its 4:41 and I am ready for the day to be done. Even though it's Wednesday, I have mondayitis. We'd have been back earlier but we got iced in while we were in Texas. Anyway, it seems that 2009 is going to be a very busy year already. In the next 4 months, I will hopefully be on no less than 4 proposals, 2 papers and maybe a patent...

But to start '09 off with a bang, guess what was on my desk to welcome me back to work!

This is the front cover of the book. Early last year I was asked to write a chapter to a book. I was told I had two weeks to get a completed draft together and I need to write on the topic of powder flow which I know something about. Thanks to Stephen and Milorad we put together a pretty decent chapter in the allotted time slot. After submission of the first draft there was a few more revisions, some imaging and some reprint permissions to be obtained but in the end it was all worth it.

Have a closer look at the table of contents, chapter 8 looks interesting! I think everyone should have a read of it. It's highly relavent to today's society and bears heavy application on everyday life. If you think I am joking, you'd be right, but the truth is it's actually a very important topic and with out thourough understanding in this area, many parts of the industrial revolution would have never happened...


If you would like a signed copy, you can buy it on amazon (click here) and I will sign it for you... :-p

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, your Mother is very proud of you