Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Not What its "Cracked Up To Be"

Well, this is my first weekend on my own for the summer and I have to admit, being a bachelor for the summer isn't all that great. The weekdays are ok because I am working hard and enjoying it, but Saturday and Sunday have been a little too lonely and boring for my taste. I used to be the person who would be fine on my own for a month, would probably be ok not talking for a few days but things have changed. I miss waking up next to my wife, I miss talking to her (she is doing her best to call me every 45 minutes so perhaps that last one doesn't count), I miss the humble hum of her sewing machine and the random kisses and hugs.

To illustrate the boredom side of things, the apartment has been cleaned twice this morning, I have done ALL the dishes, washed the car inside and out (which explains the rainy weather), done the clothes washing, baked some brownies, caught up with my photo's on my computer, organized numerous directories, read all the latest Nikon and Apple rumors, brushed the cats several times (they have no fur left) walked from home to Best Buy and back and even put up some more shelves.

Now don't get me wrong, I like time on my own, and I will be fine but the good news is, I get to see her in a few weeks!

No comments: