Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

If You Have Never Flew Through Atlanta…

… Then let me give you some insight into the world's busiest airport. I think sometime before I have outlined how huge Atlanta International is. If I haven’t, it is bigger than Sydney Domestic and International, Melbourne Domestic and International and Adelaide combined. No kidding. The especially fun feature of Atlanta comes into play when the weather turns bad. If there is lightning with in a 25 miles the whole airport gets grounded and that’s what happened to me today. We actually arrived from Dallas on time, however we sat there on the tarmac for 20 minutes waiting for permission to dock. Then there was the usual battle with ‘pellets’ to try get off the plane. Now we landed at A1 and my next plane was at D31. That’s about as far away as you can get and I ran the whole way down A, took the train and then ran down D only to miss the plane by 2 measly minutes. I just don’t understand why they didn’t wait, they knew I was coming!

Well, I try to be patient because its tempting to get annoyed that is really out of my hands, and the airline staff are trying their best. The nice Delta lady found me a flight and a seat to Jacksonville (90 minutes from Gainesville) and I looked at my ticket. Guess where it was gated… go on…
A-1. Hows that for irony. I am now 20 minutes outside of JAX and have to rent a car and drive home. Oh, joy.

Late Update: If you thought the gate coincidence was irony. When I got to Jacksonville, I found out that my bag arrived 20 minutes before I landed in JAX?!

No comments: