I am on a posting role! So this last weekend we attended the conference in the title which is primarily aimed at married couples or any length as well as pre-married couples. We invited Jenee’s Brother, Cory and his girlfriend Katie to come along with us and do our delight and surprise their response was that they really wanted to come and they wanted to do it as a bonding exercise with us. Wow! How cool is this!
Now, I don’t think I am going to give you a blow-by-blow account for the whole conference but I am going to share some of the highlights. Now, if you have ever watched the TV series Friends, you may have seen the one where Joey finds his “Identical Hand Twin”. Well, I was lucky enough to find my “Identical Watch Twin”, haha. Probably to the embarrassment to our respective wives, we discussed when we had bough our watches (with in 6 months of each other) and how wonderful it was to have a $100 watch that keeps the time and never give you grief. My watch twin and I exchanged hello’s over the course of the weekend and we are going fishing next weekend (ok, I made the fishing bit up).
The conference material it’s self was great, it really made us examine our selves and encouraged us discuss what we found with our spouses. Now some of what was covered I have learned before, some of it was a good refresher and some of it was new. Funnily enough, none of it was seen as a waste of time.
The thing that really blew me away was to see how the Holy Spirit is working in Cory’s life. He is just so motivated to really learn how to be a spiritual leader and have a relationship as God defined it in the Bible. If you are interested you can go to these links for more information, as well as this link where you can buy a copy of the lectures on CD. (Guys, be a man and do it, your wife will love you for it, they really want you to take the initiative and this will romance her no end!)
Well, we just loved it; I hope you consider looking into it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment