I confess that I am an Apple Fanboy. I just love their products! Between Jenee and I we have two 80GB iPod Classics, an iBook G4 Laptop and a Macbook Pro laptop and I am in the process of saving for a new desktop for me and Apples Time Capsule too.
I think I have blabbed extensively about how wonderful they are elsewhere in this blog and if you need me to blab to you in person shoot me an email or call be, but here is another reason why I love them.
Over Christmas, Jenee and I bought the Chronicles of Narnia audioCD's and we have been listening to them on our iPods. Now, if you set the iPod to shuffle you tend to get a song you like and then i chapter from the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which tends to be annoying. So, I did some online learning and discovered how to convert the files into audiobooks. No sweat here. Syncing my new audiobooks to my iPod I discovered I had made a mess of 127 files instead of 7 files for 7 books. So, I looked around for some 3rd party software and found it. I tried the trial version and actually decided to fork over $10 for it. Usually there is some free software that does the job, but this was worth every cent. So, a few hours later I have made audiobooks that are one file, have chapter markers and remember where you left off! LOVE IT! By the way, I bought Audiobook Builder.
For Apples, there are a ton of individuals out there who write all kinds of programs that just work such as FFmpegX, Handbrake, Perian, DVD/CD/Bookpedia , Lostify and so on. So, come one, all the cool kids have Mac's!
And to top it off; I have an undergrad student who has two laptops. 1, a brand new Vista machine and 2. a 2 year old Mac, both running an extremely demanding program called LabView. The Mac was running LabView inside XP inside OSX 10.5 and the Mac was still 4x faster (by my stopwatch). How can you go wrong?
No comments:
Post a Comment