It's early Monday morning and I am lacking in my creativity department at the moment, hence the boring title. Well, this weekend was all about work, work and more work for us. Jenee is getting closer to the date for her conference and she is run off her feet. This woman is amazing, she has done so much in preparation already but she still has more to go. I have offered to help as much as I can to help with the burden, especially since she has 4 full time classes for her degree to cope with as well. Needless to say Jenee spent this weekend doing homework and conference organizing. She even had a book in her hands on the treadmill at our little gym!
I spent the weekend finalizing my resume which tanks to the input of Dr Rejeck and Dr Clark from Mansfield Bible Church, Texas, is now looking pretty fantastic, although I realized this morning that I put two people down as references with out asking them so I need to rectify that this morning. I have also applied for a job in Dallas. I was very interested in what they do, and the job description sounded like something I would really be able to apply myself to and enjoy. Even if they feel I am not the right person for their company it will serve as good experience.
I have also been working on another publication. This one has needed much work and will take some time but it will be worth it. So Stephen if you are reading this from glorious Brazil, I will have the draft to your email in the next day or so! (Jerk - I hope you are enjoying yourself with out me).
Jen and I did manage to get out of the house for Krista's birthday. Last year we started the "make a special birthday cake" tradition for Krista with a psychedelic chocolate cake that warped all of the decorative icing into something that looked kind of hideous. The favor was returned on my birthday with a GI Joe dole sticking out of a princess' dress cake. Well, I decided to one-up the princess cake with something close to Krista's heart. Krista loves all things barnyard and had long been involved with showing animals particularly lambs and pigs at county fairs and the like, so I decided it would be appropriate to fashion her cake in the shape of a lamb chop. Yup, you can see it in the slide show. The cake was so realistic, it even had icing around the cake for the layer of fat...
No comments:
Post a Comment