Disclaimer: This is not a family update, read on if you are a technology geek. I am all excited so I thought I would post.
So, normally I reserve this blog for family things but occasionally I like to get sidetracked. If you have been following anything to do with the new high definition video formats you probably already know that there is a "format war" going on between HD DVD and Blu-Ray. Well today the HD-DVD camp announced that it has essentially lost the war, which means Blu-Ray is the new format for home high definition video. (In my opinion the better format won, others may disagree).
So, all I wanted to do was state the obvious which is if you see an awesome deal for anything HD-DVD (players and discs) then DONT BUY IT. You will be wasting your money on something that will not be produced after March 2008.
You can find lots of information on this at: Gizmodo and Engadget
Now all I need is a HD TV, Blu-Ray player, discs, speakers and a house to put it all in, but still, I am excited.
p.s. I wonder when I look back on this in a few years if I will think this post is completely silly, by then we will probably all have 3 meter laser TV's at some crazy resolution, hydrogen powered cars that can dive underwater as well as do 300 km/h and houses made of recycled fish scales.
No comments:
Post a Comment