Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

We're So Excited!

Of course with a baby comes baby stuff, and with baby stuff comes the need for a place to put all that stuff! Jenee and I have been pretty busy nesting at home for the last few weeks. We've been selling things we no longer need or use on Craigslist, which is first only two throwing stuff out (it's so therapeutic!).

We have some really really cute stuff for Trix, some of the onesies are so adorable and small. I can't believe she's going to fit into them. Apparently not for long...

This last weekend we attended our 2-day Birthing Class. 10 hours of presentations on labor and birthing and breathing and positioning. In my mind it was very worthwhile as I now feel like I understand what's going to happen. I think Jenee is still a little less enthusiastic about the whole thing... Can't say I blame her.

Anyway as a part of my excitement I just couldn't wait any longer and had to put our car carrier in place. It's kind of exciting to see it in the rear view mirror and know that in a few months there will be a little person in it.

I have played around with the chair so much now that I feel like an expert getting it in and out. We got the Chico system which in my mind was worth every single penny. It's so easy to click into place, literally attaching it to the base and is slides down and self-locates, locking into place.

It also has a built in leveling system and belt tensioning method that made installation very easy job. The degree of engineering is obvious just looking at it.

I have also been working on refinishing a bassinet we bought for a very good deal from Craigslist. I have stripped the scratched up finish off and repainted it a lovely white based tint. I am not showing it just yet because Jenee is doing some work with the fabric. You can see it when it's done!

No comments: