There are about 6-7 good bike shops in Gainesville, and to my supprise they sell many of the respected names in mountain bikes like Gary Fisher, Canondale, Trek and Specialized. I always wondered why stock so many mountain bikes whe there wasn't that many good places to ride nearby. Enter 'The Really Cool Bike Shop'. Jenee and I had sometime to kill and I asked if we could stop in just to have a look around. To my supprise this little shop was actually really well presented with lots of bikes and friendly knowledgable staff. I struck up a conversation with one staff member and eventually he asked me, 'So where do you ride?' To which I sadly answered that I haven't really done any single track because the nearest trail is a drive away and until recently I didn't haves means of getting my bike out there. His eyes lit up clearly in disbelief at something. It didn't take buta moment before he started sharing how there are more than 65 miles of maintained singletrack dirt trails within the Gainesville city limits, most within riding distance of my house. I could hardly believe it, all this time there were trails so close to me I could have been enjoying.
With a baby on the way, time is getting tighter but I plan on going out and enjoying them! Watch this space cause I have heard there are some great tracks to be ridden!
No comments:
Post a Comment