I remember as a schoolboy my worst nightmare was as follows. I would wake up, do my morning routine, ride the bus to school, go to home class, and then in morning Chapel snap out of my haze and realize I am standing in front of 500 of my schoolmates with out my pants on. Ahhhh!
I am happy to report that I always made it to school with my pants on. But apparently I have new nightmares. It's been 13 years since I took my SACE high school exams, 10 years since I took a university exam, and yet apparently I am still haunted by their memory.
For example, last night I dreamed the I showed up completely unprepared for my Industrial Chemistry 4 final exam. Apparently I chose to ignore swotvac (a week of study vacation given to study for finals) and try wing my way through. I suspect most of you have little idea of what Industrial Chem involves but the massively overstuffed folders stored in my parents garage attest to the hours of work involved in problem solving and notes to read for each Semester's class. Needless to say, I woke up with my heart pumping. Another favorite is dreaming about the same lack of preparation for a Maths exam.
I think I need to go to sleep reminding myself that I have passed all my exams...
1 comment:
Natus my son, I certainly know the Industrial Chem 4 exams you mention, although I must say I got over my nightmares a few years ago...
Gotta be quick tonight, but I must also say a few things:
1. My most sincerest apologies for the lack of communication lately - I'll make it up to you!
2. Congratulations on the upcoming 'bundle of joy' that will fill your lives! You're both very blessed indeed!
Keep well and I'll speak with you very soon.
All the best mate!
Brenton (& Amy) Swansson
Post a Comment