What is Black Friday? According to Wikipedia: Black Friday is a term for the Friday after Thanksgiving in the United States, which is the beginning of the traditional Holiday shopping season.
Typically most major synicated retailers are open and there are some pretty incredible deals advertised about a week before the big event. Shopping for the best deals involves lining up/camping a few days before hand or if you are not so desparate, waking up at 1, 2, 3 or 4 am and making your way to your local retailer.
By fluke chance, we found out that the awesome Cricut machine was pretty much half price ($200) with two included cartridges ($50-90 ea) at Wal Mart. Jenee has been wanting one of these for about 3 years so we decided to go and do some homework. We found out that they had a "pallet" of them, so our plan was to go home, wake up at 4am, get there about 4:20am and wait for the 5am sale.
Our logic was "really how many people in Mansfield would want a Cricut?". Turns out about 10 people at about 5 am. We had arrived early enought that we could stand right next to the machines and pick one up as soon as we were given the go ahead by the manager. There were a few other ladies around the machines who we made friends with, and cornained off the access, to ensure that we could all get one, and we wouldn't get rushed by and craized shoppers.
Once we had the go-ahead, I picked up one of the Cricut boxes, and we headed toward the cashier (we also picked up something else, but thats a Christmas present for someone so I cant say much), only to be out of Wal Mart at 5:05. Too easy. But I was glad to be there early, some of those ladies looked like they could throw a mean punch. I was just glad we weren't trying to get something in the electronics area. From my understanding there is a good possibility of getting bruised, bumped and knocked down in those high demand areas.
So really, we had quite a pleasant experience, but I was prepared to use a Tai-Chi warm-up on anyone stupid enough to get in my way. We got home safe and I let Jenee look at her new toy before making her put it back and wrapping it up for Christmas (insert evilness here). I told her next year for Black Friday we're going to Arlington camera with the credit card...(I wish)...
No comments:
Post a Comment