Mine was one of those crazy days where nothing ever stops. After busy morning at work I had to step out to make a visit to the Dr. for my eyes. Our family doctor is very good, but oh my goodness, I nearly had another birthday for the year while I was waiting. Finally I got to see the doc, got my renewal for my eyedrops and headed on my way.
Back at work, I sat down at my desk at 2pm for lunch and the moment I finished I had visitors and questions. So, off I went to problem solve but the best was yet to come. First, I found out the formulation we have been using for making some particles was wrong (my fault) then I find out that some very expensive equipment had gone for a walk (not my fault) and then I find out that some samples have gone missing for one of our clients (my fault).
Following this final discovery, I spent the last hour and a half of the day in the dumpster out the back of work rifling through trashbags, looking for the missing items. After the first pass through all that garbage, I didn't find what I was looking for, so guess what, I had to go through it all over again... While fishing, I recieved several sarcastic comments from passers by (which really weren't that funny anyway) but I did think to my self, I bet noone would even offer to help. And how I was wrong. Dear Ashley came up to me, asked what I was doing and then volunteered to help! So together we bonded over the trash and in the last bag in the dumpster, she found what we had been looking for! PHEW!
So how was your Thursday?
No comments:
Post a Comment