Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

One Thing For Sure, We Are Not Fish People

Jenee and I are on a quest to eat better and be healthier. If you have been reading over the last few weeks, you probably already know this. Apart of our diet is supposed to include at least 2 servings of fish per week. Now, neither of us are particularly partial to eating fish. Be it the fishy taste, smell or both I couldn't say, however, one thing for sure is that we are not gifted at cooking it.

For example exhibit A, below. Now, before you read any further, know that I received Jenee's permission to post this, and it is in no way a reflection on her as a cook.

What you are looking at is several pieces of seasoned fish that we bought from the Fresh Market. Together we seasoned it, and then started to cook it. Now, we did have a small misshap where the pan was hotter than we anticipated and started to smoke the kitchen out, but apart from that, things were pretty straight forward. After the fish was cooked, I was asked to try it. Breaking off a piece I tentatively placed it in my mouth and started to chew. At first it was nice but then the taste grew... worse. By the end of what would be a normal amount of chewing to digest food, I had worked the fish into a ball that tasted a lot like, well, rubber and what we could only idenitfy as Mercedes (her parents dog).

This was simply the last straw that broke the fish eating camels back. We both had a good laugh about it, and decided to leave fish and fish cooking to the pro's...

No comments: