Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Not Enough Posts?

Apparently I don't post enough. Early this morning I woke up nice and early (5am - that story is coming soon) and went over to Brandon and Krista's to give them a lift to the airport. It was nice this morning, cool with a soft drizzle. On the way to the airport, I was informed that apparently, I have not been as committed to publishing posts as they (Brandon) has.

Now, in the spirit of our brotherly competitiveness, I am going to sit here on the couch with my wife cuddled up next to me and publish the crap out of this blog. (Sorry Mum, I had to say it). So what happened to make me wake up at 5 this morning and lay in bed for another hour sweating things?

Well, I woke up to visit the bathroom and noticed that there was a little more ambient light than what should be emanating from our night light. I walked into light and froze in disbelief. The front door was w-i-d-e-o-p-e-n. My first thoughts where - Are the girls ok? (Cort and Megan were visiting) and where are the cats? I looked to my left and saw the shapes of the two girls safely asleep and at my feet were the cats. I was thanking the Lord for everyones safety. Next thoughts - is there anyone or anything in the house? A quick scan and I realized that all was good on those fronts. I went back to bed.

Thinking and chewing over my scare I couldn't let it go. Now I was worried that there was perhaps something under the couches or some other cranny, and what about the cars, camera, computers and so on. As most of you reading this know, I have a small amount of OCD in me so I got back up and searched some more. Finally I was satisfied and lay back down. 5 minutes later my alarm went off to go pick up the Wilsons at 6...

Fun and games...

No comments: