Its a nice, no, beautiful Sunday afternoon. The temperature and humidity is very pleasant, there is a gentle breeze moving the curtains in and out of the sliding door and my home is peaceful. Praise the name of Jesus! Jenee is studying (quite hard I might add), Sable and Marble are napping as they seem to 90% of their lives, and I have been cleaning and tidying in short stints between my editing of last weekend's wedding photos. If you have every wondered why wedding photography is so expensive, I think I can give you some insight. Apart from paying for the photographers patience, experience, sharp mental focus for an entire day and so on, you are paying for the huge amount of time invested (that you don't see) editing photos. Now, all things considered, I am an amateur, my computer isn't "lightning fast" and I am learning much as I go, I have invested no less than 5 hours today working on these pictures and will probably spend another 4 yet. Anyway, I noticed that the counter on my D70s clocked over again. Thats 20,000 photos and counting.
So, I lack the energy to write a long update, that may come in the next week or so, but som fun things have happened of late. We got a new vacuum cleaner for starters! I think I was more excited to get it than Jenee was. We bought it from the same place that I bought Jenee's sewing machine. I love it! It can withstand the weight of a 250lb / 125kg person standing on it, you can bash it around and it wont break, dry clean and more too! We were going to buy a Dyson since they are so popular but this one was just awesome.
What else can I type in a few sentences? Oh, we discovered this morning that our Vet actually attends our church - small world! He is such a nice guy, he is the liaison for the "Family Life" married couple seminar that Jenee and I are going to attend. Also, this morning our cat Marble decided that she was feeling a little brave this morning and jumped onto the guard rail on our balcony this morning. I snapped a picture and will post it later, but the expression on her face was "Oh, crap". Speaking of cats, we nearly got another one yesterday. While following a Saturday morning tradition of attending our favorite shops, we came across a beautiful male Tabby who took a shining to me. Aparently 3 cats pushes us over to the "crazy cat people" line.
So how is every one doing out there?
No comments:
Post a Comment